Monday, July 16, 2012

From 8 weeks to present

I am playing catch up. This might be a long and random post.

Arya has grown so much since we picked her up. Her legs are super long now and her tail is so curly and fluffy!

The top left is when she's 8 weeks old. Top right is about 10 weeks.
Bottom is 12 weeks.
The attitude, she has developed her personality quickly. She amazes me. Arya dislikes water. When spring came and rain it brought with it, she would panic when we take her outside and there would be puddles of water everywhere. She would be in and out of the spot she potties when the grass is wet as compared to when it's dry she'd wander around for a bit. She just doesn't like being wet period. So I thought I should get her a rain coat. I got her a pink rain coat. She looked so adorable in it. But getting her to walk while it's on her is almost impossible. She just froze, with that said I think she hated it. I will try it again next rainy season. I think it will help with the "wet dog" smell.


For her first set of vaccines we took her to VCA. When she was getting her physical exam, the vet tech gave Arya some treats. After she gave Arya the shots though she wouldn't even look at the vet tech or take treats from her. At first I thought maybe she doesn't like the treats but she took it from me. I guess my little puppy knows how to hold a grudge. It was pretty expensive even with the free check up. I did some research on where I can get her vaccines, heart worm and flea/tick meds for a more reasonable price. We ended up taking her to a mobile clinic "Luv my Pet" which comes to Petco about twice a month. The vets there are very nice and professional. Luv my Pets, offer other services such as heart worm exams that we plan on doing soon. We are planning on taking her to VCA again for a physical exam when she turns a year old.

Oh she's stubborn. When she finally learned her name and it wasn't too long after we got her that she did, we were so excited. However, she would only look up when she wants to or come when we have treats. We'd call her and she'll just look at me. She gives me this look like "really, you want me to come but you have no food for me?" Lol! Sometimes she won't look but I know she hears me. Her little fluffy ears are twitching.

We continued to have her sleep in her crate up to a month ago. She digs when first put in the crate and she eventually falls asleep for about two months. When we know that she is potty trained we slowly let her sleep in the bed. Sometimes she would wake up in the middle of the night wanting to play, when this happens she goes back in the crate.

I didn't know that dog looses their teeth like humans do. That was a big surprise to me. What I found funny was that she swallows it. We try to get it from her when we hear/see her. I think Ed and I still have some of her teeth that fell out. Sometimes I would wake up at night because I would hear her. One time I thought she was throwing up but she was just pushing her tooth with her tongue. Arya became more cranky when she was teething. We had to buy her wet food. We bought Wellness for Puppy. It smelled so good, no wonder she liked it so much. The wet food helped with the teething. She still eats her Wellness for Puppy kibble when hand fed.




No comments:

Post a Comment