Monday, July 16, 2012

Bully what?!

I had no idea what a bully stick is. I didn't know what it's made of. I thought it was just a really hard beef jerky. Ed finally told me. It's made out of bull penis. Lol! I guess they utilize every part. Bully sticks smell. It stinks! But Arya loves it. We bought one in anticipation of her arrival and she loves the thing. I'm not worried that she'll chip a tooth because it gets soft as she chews on it. The smell also gets worse as she chews on it. It took her awhile to get through the first one. The second one faster and the third even more. We go to Western Feed to buy her bully sticks ($5-7 each) the rate that she was going I wanted to buy it in bulk to save a bit. We tried a cheaper bully stick, she didn't like it. Maybe because the it doesn't smell as much as the other did.

I did my research to see what other brands are out there. Best bully sticks was getting a lot of good reviews but it was a bit too pricey. I've looked daily at the deals at doggyloot but I didn't find ones that I thought Arya would like. They have bully sticks in all sorts; spiral, pretzel shape, odor less. I didn't want to get her sticks in weird shapes because she has a hard time holding it when it gets smaller. I think the smell of the bully stick is what she likes so odor less is out of the question. 

When I went to Costco I saw that they have bully sticks too. The brand is Cadet Bully Sticks, it's $24.99 for 12, 12" sticks. She loves it! The smell is bad or I guess I should say stronger. I also bought her pup-peroni. She's crazy for those. 







Arya with her new bully stick!




 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a nice assortment..Thanks for sharing! It's good to find a food that we can actually feed dogs.
    Bulk Dog Treats

    ReplyDelete